Monday, May 6, 2013

What is it all about??

Hello everyone!

I started this blog to share my journey of cookie decorating (and other crafts, of course), and maybe a random thought/moment of my day.  I have many thoughts and ideas that ramble through my brain at all times, so now I am sharing some of the madness with you. I know, you are marveling at how generous I am!  So lets get down to business.....


Martha Stewart (sigh, when I say her name I hear the angels sing, do you?) 

I don't know if this is most women, but Martha Stewart is the cause of my need to be crafty, and it started at a young age.  Crochet, cross-stitch, making candles, making soap, beading jewelry, decoupage, card making, cooking, and last but not least, baking.  Although I drooled at the TV, magazines, and computer screen at the loveliness that Martha created (and her 100+ employees, I digress), I cannot leave out the person whom I learned  my cooking and baking basics, My Mom.

 Decorated Sugar Cookies with Royal Icing

I have been in awe of those beautiful little pieces of art known as a sugar cookie...not the plain, old sugar cookie sprinkled with red/green sugar at Christmastime, you know what I am talking about. Don't get me wrong, they taste delicious!  But..... I am talking about the precise shape of a desired cookie cutter, covered in a sugary shell of perfection that makes everyone pause for a second, before diving in.  That is my impression of Martha Stewart (minus the jail stint). 

Anyhoo, I have taken many wrong turns over the years and have tried dozens of cookie/icing recipes and I have finally found something that works for me. I finally feel my inner Martha Stewart emerging and I am so excited to get back in the kitchen and bake!

Thanks for stopping by, and check back in for some new postings of recent cookies I have done over the past couple of months! 

No comments:

Post a Comment